Dyspraxia Ireland Summit 2015
We are pleased to be announcing details of our upcoming Dyspraxia Ireland Summit 2015, this Summit brings together leading experts in the field of Dyspraxia/DCD from Ireland and the U.K. Attendance at this event will be beneficial for both people with Dyspraxia/DCD and Health and Educational Professionals alike. The summit will take place on Saturday, 10th October 2015, Sheraton Hotel Athlone, Co. Westmeath.
The theme of the Summit this year is “Thrive with Dyspraxia”
We are very excited to have the following speakers addressing this theme:
- Gareth Noble is one of Ireland’s leading litigators in the area of Education Law: cases for children and families in respect of bullying, disciplinary issues, educational law issues and services for children.
- Catherine Sweeney, former Chairperson of the Irish Learning Support Association (ILSA) and an Associate with the Special Education Support Services (SESS). Catherine will talk about the supports available to students with Dyspraxia and how to support a student in school.
- Dorothy Armstrong, Senior Occupational Therapist and Lecturer in Occupational Therapy in NUI Galway. Dorothy runs her own private practice in Maynooth. Dorothy will speak about 'Helping children transition into secondary school - lessons learned from my PhD research' and much more.
- Neasa Caulfield and Jenny Smyth Senior Occupational Therapists with the HSE, Louth will talk about the ‘Pathways of an assessment /intervention’ and how they bring a new model to the system.
- Hannah McDonnell who has Dyspraxia is currently working as a Pediatric Occupational Therapist in London. Hannah will talk about her struggles and successes throughout her career so far.
- Donna Shannon is a Counselling Psychologist based in Glasgow, Scotland. Donna has 10 years experience working with children, adolescents and adults and has a special interest in working with people with Dyspraxia/DCD. Donna will talk about ‘self-esteem and well-being‘.
- Victoria Biggs, who has Dyspraxia, is an academic and the author of ‘Caged in Chaos’. Victoria will talk about her journey right up to and through college.
- Also four members of our Association will talk about their journey with Dyspraxia/DCD.
This Summit is aimed at people who are affected by Dyspraxia/DCD and professionals working in this area. Tickets can be booked through Dyspraxia Ireland at 01 8747085 or online at